The online racing simulator
New layout - Rye House Kart Circuit, Hoddesdon, UK
Just out of curiosity, how many of you would like to race the small hatchbacks on a replica of a kart circuit ?

I've got one almost done, but needs some testers to give feedback on the flow of the track and the ease of use. My main aim is to make the track easy to navigate, but hard to master.

Any willing participants ?

PH

yeah, i'll give it a go.

add me to msn.
Will do later mate

Any more takers ?
I'm willing to test it!
Ok chaps,

well at this point in time it looks like the next time i'll be able to bring the server online so we can test will be this weekend (drinking commitments and all that )

Its still not entirely finished but there is enough there for you to get stuck into !

Will add you onto msn friday evening !

Steve
ok man, sounds cool.
awesome m8, cant wait to drive the stadium section in a UF

do whilton mill
and program in a FA
Right its online now as : Pistonheads RYE HOUSE!

I'll add you all also to msn

Steve
Question : Does anyone know how to set the track up as a proper race track rather than autocross - everyone is spawning on the start/finish line and people cant join until the countdown has reached zero and they have driven off !

I want people to spawn in the pit area, but start the race on the start/finish line if thats possible ?

Any help appreciated !

Steve
answer
If I've got this right, all your drivers are spawing in the same spot... To start a race normally, remove your starting position, and use the default start / finish line (just do a restart on an empty car park / autocross layout to find it).

Take away the starting position and there you go...

Hope that helps a little, I have found no other way of doing this yet...

Cheers

Kev

PS. Interesteded in helping out whenever / whereever.
Thanks for the tip - i'll try that and see how i get on. I hope i dont have to change the circuit much as its good as it is

Steve
when wil this layout be released ??
I'll release it once i've made a few modifications, as there are a few point on the track i want to make more of a challenge and then have it race tested. Its currently set for autocross and that simply won't do

Current indications though are very good - its a real close race and demands driver skill and etiquette to work at its best...

I still need testers by the way !! Not just people who come onto the track, crasha few times and disconnect because you actually have to learn this track !! lol

Server online tonight (15/9) for a few hours from 7.30pm GMT
Quote from PistonHead :

I still need testers by the way !! Not just people who come onto the track, crasha few times and disconnect because you actually have to learn this track !! lol

lol, then post in on the forums so we can try it for ourselves and give you suggestions on what needs to be fixed.
Its going to be online this evening, so pop along. I might not be on there personally all the time so look for an unpopulated server to start with. I only post stuff about the track here because this is the best place for it...

Seeya later !
ok after a long time with my steering wheel to one side (playing battlefield2, working etc), i am back. this track looks awesome! can i try it?
Quote from branney :ok after a long time with my steering wheel to one side (playing battlefield2, working etc), i am back. this track looks awesome! can i try it?

just in case it has been forgotten, is there any progress, and have you already too many testers? thanks
Still no news?
Looks awesome could someone post the layout please?
Quote from branney :this track looks awesome! can i try it?

turns out i had to race on this track earlier this year (spring i think it was). pity i had not seen the LFS version!
I must have done 10,000 laps of rye over the last 10 years I would really love to have a go on the circuit. how do I get to take on stadium bend again.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG