The online racing simulator
Sudden Stutter/Freeze
Greetings everyone!

When I am playing (both single and multiplayer),after awhile of being in a session, the game suddenly stutters/freezes somewhat and the audio also breaks up terribly. In this time, I lose control over the car and when it becomes responsive again, I’m already off the track, onto gravel or into a barrier. This lasts for a few seconds and then goes back to normal. After the first time it happens, it recurs every 30s to 1/2 minutes.

Has this happened to anyone before? Is there a known solution to this?
Try to use gpu-z and check if there is something wierd going on with CPU and GPU temps when the freezing happens. Also have a look at CPU and HDD/SSD usage in perfomance tab of task manager. Let us know if you notice a pattern.
Quote from rane_nbg :Try to use gpu-z and check if there is something wierd going on with CPU and GPU...

Hi! The CPU, GPU and SSD usages hover around 50-70%, 70-90% and 10-20% Respectively. The temperature of the CPU though (Checked through HWinfo64) hovers around 75 degrees, meaning it thermal throttles.

I would like to add that the thermal throttling doesnt affect game performance on any game, including LFS. That is why I'm confused as to why only LFS has the stated issue.
manual seting graphic card ... you have automatical switching ? gpu/cpugpu
** Best answer **
Both CPU and GPU loads seem to be quite high, it may be that this system is not as powerful for LFS which is quite unlikely, or that something else is using up its resources.

If not already, put a fps cap in LFS to 100fps. It's not good that CPU downclocks due to temperature, while 75C is relatively on the high side, unless we are talking about a laptop.

It's worth checking what WestlY suggested, if you also have a dedicated and integrated GPU, if it for some reason switches to the integrated one.
I have no such issues on two computers, neither did I have on any of PCs I have used in the past 10 years. I suppose it must be something specific that your PC does not like for some reason.

Could you please describe the major components in your PC, briefly (CPU model, GPU model, PSU model/wattage)? Just to have a clue about performance. Also, could it be that your system partition (C: probably), and/or the one LFS is installed on, is full?
Hi all! Thanks for the help and the valuable info you provided. Simply capping the frame rate at around 100 solved the problem!

Sudden Stutter/Freeze
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG