The online racing simulator
Grass in car bug (Very Old)
(14 posts, started )
hey,
as we all know this is an olb bug hat should be fixed. the same thing happens with cones at high speed.
Attached images
Grass Old Bug in car.jpg
Thank god that there is no grass on the tracks,
To solve this "bug" (I dont see it as a bug at all) Scawen will need to do physics to the grass. Then do a system to calculate when the grass collides with the car, and then bend the grass in real time.

Quote from Gougoodthing :the same thing happens with cones at high speed.

Thats not the same at all. This has to due with collision system and physics rate (Hz). Not everything is calculated as fast as some situations requires (hitting a cone at 200 km/h), but works ok in the 95% of the situations
Quote from Gougoodthing :hey,
as we all know this is an olb bug hat should be fixed. the same thing happens with cones at high speed.

Does that ugly gauge make you drive better?
Quote from Whiskey :To solve this "bug" (I dont see it as a bug at all) Scawen will need to do physics to the grass. Then do a system to calculate when the grass collides with the car, and then bend the grass in real time.

either that, or making the bottom of the car solid and not allowing anything to pass through it... if the grass touches the bottom of the car, it just gets rendered to the bottom of the car and no further.
Quote from bunder9999 :either that, or making the bottom of the car solid and not allowing anything to pass through it... if the grass touches the bottom of the car, it just gets rendered to the bottom of the car and no further.

That's not exactly easy to do....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-buffering
Quote from Whiskey :Scawen will need to do physics to the grass. Then do a system to calculate when the grass collides with the car, and then bend the grass in real time.

Scawen's sounding pretty omnipotent in that summary.

Or he could make it so grass doesn't show up in the cockpit.
Quote from Bose321 :Does that ugly gauge make you drive better?

Nah, but that gives you 25+bhp. The rollcage must give him a 100bhp boost!
.vob mod LAWL
rollcage and guages in xrt. its a .vob mod...
what is wrong with a .vob mod? i want to get rid of it anyways but i dont know how to LOL.
What's wrong with it? It isn't allowed.

And about getting rid of it... have you ever heard of something called BACKUP?
Danny,
i just decided to backup my skins and setups and im going to reinstall LFS. no mods this time.

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG