The online racing simulator
Final entry

(No external images used, bar the Monster energy logo on his helmet )
Attached images
Ken Block - Copy.jpg
Ken Block - Prev.jpg
Quote from JO53PHS :Start off by laying down a basic shape using soft edged brushes set to like 75% opacity or less, and for the thinner smoke at the edge or end of the smoke trail, add a bit of low opacity blue smoke, as tyre smoke is slightly blue.

Then thicken up the smoke in the centre, again using soft edged brushes and a lower opacity. Also use a smaller sized soft edge brush around the edge of the cloud, to make it more defined in places.

Then add some detail by combining the soft brushes and the sorta splodgy spatter random ones ( ), with a whiter colour. Dust over with very low opacity soft brushes to slightly loose the harsh edge.

This all assumes you have Photoshop.. dunno what the whole brush situation is like in Gimp . There is no real definite way to do smoke, and you can't just follow a set of instructions to do it

ye i know, i only know how to make a little bit of smoke nicely, but never really known how to do big clouds
Quote from batteryy :ye i know, i only know how to make a little bit of smoke nicely, but never really known how to do big clouds

It's hard to describe how to do it, because it's more of an art than a procedure
Quote from JO53PHS :Start off by laying down a basic shape using soft edged brushes set to like 75% opacity or less, and for the thinner smoke at the edge or end of the smoke trail, add a bit of low opacity blue smoke, as tyre smoke is slightly blue.

Then thicken up the smoke in the centre, again using soft edged brushes and a lower opacity. Also use a smaller sized soft edge brush around the edge of the cloud, to make it more defined in places.

Then add some detail by combining the soft brushes and the sorta splodgy spatter random ones ( ), with a whiter colour. Dust over with very low opacity soft brushes to slightly loose the harsh edge.

This all assumes you have Photoshop.. dunno what the whole brush situation is like in Gimp . There is no real definite way to do smoke, and you can't just follow a set of instructions to do it

i will have to try that.
Quote from JO53PHS :Final entry

(No external images used, bar the Monster energy logo on his helmet )

looks real nice!
Quote from batteryy :ye i know, i only know how to make a little bit of smoke nicely, but never really known how to do big clouds

same
Quote from Luke.S :Final Entry

http://i30.tinypic.com/15ev6ah.jpg

the car looks warped

must be a high G force car
Quote from logitekg25 :i will have to try that.

looks real nice!

same

the car looks warped

must be a high G force car

It is warped. I was playing with pspx effects
Quote from Luke.S :It is warped. I was playing with pspx effects

i got to get more familiar with all of gimp's features some time!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG