Live for Speed

Live For Speed (LFS) är en racing-simulator med fokus på onlinespel.
Liveforspeed.se är det inofficiella navet för svenska LFS-spelare.

För mer information och försäljning, se http://www.lfs.net

Författare Ämne: Help to improve TR!  (läst 10808 gånger)

mange_e

• TR-Admin
  • Antal inlägg: 691
    • Visa profil
Help to improve TR!
« skrivet: januari 09, 2014, 21:39:43 »
We have had a very low number of participants in TR so I would like to hear all your comments and thoughts on how to make TR better. What are your ideas and suggestions? How can we get more people to race?

I'm open to all suggestions  :)
« Senast ändrad: mars 05, 2014, 09:27:35 av mange_e »

Yamma

• Antal inlägg: 11
    • Visa profil
SV: Help to improve TR!
« Svar #1 skrivet: januari 10, 2014, 16:34:14 »
It´s sad that races has to be cancelled due to low participants.
When I found TR (omg it´s over three years ago and I still feel like a rookie) there were often full grid on the races. Slowly the number of participants have decreased, but more rapidly the last half year.

I don´t know if looking for reasons could help, but I think I´ve found some:

When advertising on the English forum some aliens popped up that made backmarkers of the rest of us. I think that made some of the former topdrivers to give up.
Waiting for S3, lack of new content, is another thing that some say is the reason for getting bored.
Other priorities in life, no time for training and therefore bad raceresults could be other reasons. That must have happened before though.
New drivers coming in tend to go to cruising and drifting so there is no successors for those with other priorities.

I´m afraid that the few of us that are still here have to accept that we are just a few. Now how can we get those to stay:

Earlier start-time would make it easier for guys from the east to participate.
Races every two weeks will give more time for training.
Shorter races (perhaps two short with inverse grid).
Some form of cooperation with Ronys Tuesdays. I think he sometimes have the same problem with low participant. Tuesdays one week TR the next and so on…

I still think LFS racing, and TR as it is today, is so much fun, but changes might be necessary. I will not give up whatever the format will be. What is the alternative…hanging in the sofa watching TV-commercials…
/Snoopy

Gelin

• Antal inlägg: 20
    • Visa profil
« Svar #2 skrivet: januari 16, 2014, 01:17:27 »
More X/Y layouts will make "new" tracks and bring drivers. Also unusual cars on the tracks, for example GTI cars on long tracks.

Holtti.jr

• Antal inlägg: 6
    • Visa profil
« Svar #3 skrivet: februari 10, 2014, 22:37:27 »
I think to attract more players we need to shorten the races.
Maybe 20 Min race and have two every Thursday?
If its possible reversed grid from first race (I think to much admin work):
But two 20 Min races is fun and you can find a set on ex. setupdrid.net so you don't need to practise every day.
The people that raced Thursday races lets say 2 years ago i think is over 30 now and have a family/job so no time for practise any more.
I am 38 with a family and work so its hard to find time to practise that's why i think shorter race time so every one can find a set that works.
 ???

Bungo

• Antal inlägg: 41
  • GraVt N.Björklund
    • Visa profil
« Svar #4 skrivet: februari 11, 2014, 18:12:55 »
Im also into the idea of multiple starts in one evening. Shorter races are requires less setupwork to run the distance.
2x20min would be nice. The cars wont have that time to spread out.
Reversed grid is included as a standard option on lfs servers so I dont think that would be a problem either.

One of my favourite LFS series of all was the ITCC that ran Qualify and then 3 shorter races. First start based on qualy. 2nd on results from first and then a random number of revgrid in the third. That made the races short and intense and extremely fun! :D

Some kind of basic version of that format that didnt require a lot of adminwork would be great!

Gelin

• Antal inlägg: 20
    • Visa profil
« Svar #5 skrivet: februari 20, 2014, 20:45:16 »
Im also into the idea of multiple starts in one evening. Shorter races are requires less setupwork to run the distance.
2x20min would be nice. The cars wont have that time to spread out.
Reversed grid is included as a standard option on lfs servers so I dont think that would be a problem either.

One of my favourite LFS series of all was the ITCC that ran Qualify and then 3 shorter races. First start based on qualy. 2nd on results from first and then a random number of revgrid in the third. That made the races short and intense and extremely fun! :D

Some kind of basic version of that format that didnt require a lot of adminwork would be great!

Then it's also possible with 1 rallycross event per season. For example BL2R XRT+FXO. Yeah, the tyres will be hot, but include a forced pitstop and it will be no problem. It opens alot of doors anyway!

mange_e

• TR-Admin
    • Visa profil
« Svar #6 skrivet: februari 28, 2014, 16:58:13 »
For season 34 what do you guys think of this setup for TR?

Qualifying, 15min - 20:30-20:45
Paus, 10min - 20:45-20:55
Race, 30min - 20:55-21:25

All times are CET

Yamma

• Antal inlägg: 11
    • Visa profil
« Svar #7 skrivet: februari 28, 2014, 22:44:20 »
I still think TR races is so much fun that I´m waiting for every Thursday, so I´m on!
(although 30 min is a little short)
You might have noticed that I like longer races....I´m still racing when most of You have finished.
Earlier starttime is good, could draw more racers.

/Snoopy
« Senast ändrad: mars 03, 2014, 09:06:57 av Yamma »

martinson

• Antal inlägg: 52
    • Visa profil
« Svar #8 skrivet: mars 03, 2014, 20:02:28 »
For season 34 what do you guys think of this setup for TR?

Qualifying, 15min - 20:30-20:45
Paus, 10min - 20:45-20:55
Race, 30min - 20:55-21:25

All times are CET

Nah, I think 30 min is too short for race.

I would like this setup:

Qualifying, 10 min
Sprint race ~ 15-20 min race
Feature race ~ 20 min (with reverse grid... maybe top 7-8)

Then you dont need to prepare alot about setups and you'll be given another chance if you fail first race. If you pick club or cadet tracks it will be tight and instense racing  which I miss in TR today.

Just my 50 cents! :)

mange_e

• TR-Admin
    • Visa profil
« Svar #9 skrivet: mars 04, 2014, 19:53:27 »
Ok, after comments from you guys on both forums, here is the setup for S34:

Qualifying, 20min - 20:00-20:20
Pause, 5min - 20:20-20:25
Race, 45min - 20:25-21:10

I think we will start next week since it is already Tuesday night. I will set up the new combo and we can use this Thursday as a training session if you all like.

I will also continue looking into the possibilities for a 2x20min race reverse grid setup.

martinson

• Antal inlägg: 52
    • Visa profil
« Svar #10 skrivet: mars 04, 2014, 20:42:38 »

I think we will start next week since it is already Tuesday night. I will set up the new combo and we can use this Thursday as a training session if you all like.

I will also continue looking into the possibilities for a 2x20min race reverse grid setup.

Maybe we can try that race configuration at some point during the season?

Bungo

• Antal inlägg: 41
  • GraVt N.Björklund
    • Visa profil
« Svar #11 skrivet: mars 04, 2014, 21:06:28 »

Whoa that was an early starting time! Maybe its just me but I think 21.00 was better. This way it will be a very quick dinner if I should make it in time and have a few warmup laps  ???

mange_e

• TR-Admin
    • Visa profil
« Svar #12 skrivet: mars 05, 2014, 09:27:23 »
Maybe we can try that race configuration at some point during the season?

I'm waiting input from FEL on how we can configure the TRsys for this to happen. I have no idea on how much work it is to fix it.

mange_e

• TR-Admin
    • Visa profil
« Svar #13 skrivet: mars 05, 2014, 11:37:07 »
Whoa that was an early starting time! Maybe its just me but I think 21.00 was better. This way it will be a very quick dinner if I should make it in time and have a few warmup laps  ???

Who needs warmup??  ::)

With several requests for earlier starting times I hope this will bring more people to the races.