The online racing simulator
Quote from Tomsteel :Hi! Thanks for your suggestions! The rear caliper suppose to move/rotate with the trailing arm since it is attached to it, but as a "brake object" it does not roate at all, so I found it more realistic to merge them together.

Do we have a better solution for the front strut?

Hello! I haven't done any research but I don't think calipers are supposed to move with the trailing arms. Uhmm
Making it as separate brake object would be better.

I don't see a problem with the front strut thought. Wink

EDIT: A better solution could be separating the strut as mudguard object and the caliper as brake object.
Quote from Evolution_R :Hello! I haven't done any research but I don't think calipers are supposed to move with the trailing arms. Uhmm
Making it as separate brake object would be better.

I don't see a problem with the front strut thought. Wink

EDIT: A better solution could be separating the strut as mudguard object and the caliper as brake object.

This is the actual rear suspension:

Using "mudguard" for the front strut could be the technically correct method, thanks for the tip, but I can't see any real advantages. (the only thing that bothers me with the current state is how ugly it looks when driving from wheel camera, sadly mudguards are visible there too)
I noticed this car has very unrealistically low drag value - according to LFS max possible speed is 240km/h (without taking tyre resistance into account),that's way too high for a 125hp car. Drag should by increased so the top speed is just above 200km/h - there is a real car as comparision for data.
Quote from Eclipsed :I noticed this car has very unrealistically low drag value - according to LFS max possible speed is 240km/h (without taking tyre resistance into account),that's way too high for a 125hp car. Drag should by increased so the top speed is just above 200km/h - there is a real car as comparision for data.

You are correct, it is currently using unrealistic values. I'm working on a little refresh now where I've already tweaked the aero parameters (using some rough estimates). Thanks for pointing this out!

Swirl Sport '06
(104 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG