The online racing simulator
Game randomly crashes
(7 posts, started )
Game randomly crashes
hi,
my lfs will just randomly shut down and say lfs.exe has encountered a problem, i have no idea what this could be is there a error log within the lfs directory that i could find out what the issue is, i have done 3 fresh installs of it and reinstalled directx.
my pc is:
2.4 ghz intel quad core
2gb of DDR2 ram,
2gb gtx460
this is the code i get with the error

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: LFS.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4dfb4e32
Fault Module Name: StackHash_4709
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 2ff00045
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 4709
Additional Information 2: 4709938665fa84e3ff99c8cbe11223bb
Additional Information 3: f4c6
Additional Information 4: f4c66b313fb0ab14aef0709e1b1f1251
No idea what the error output means but would suggest putting memtest on a cd or usb key and checking your ram if you haven't installed anything or made any changes recently.
Quote from stan.distortion :No idea what the error output means but would suggest putting memtest on a cd or usb key and checking your ram if you haven't installed anything or made any changes recently.

well i recently changed to a SSD and removed some RAM because of blue screen issues
Did you re-install when you put the SSD in? XP's page file used to screw them up, I know they fixed it in an update but not sure if it's automatically re-configured in a version cloned from a HD. If you had bluescreen issues due to ram before I'd guess there is trouble with a stick you left in (if they are the same age/make/model). Hopefully someone can translate the error message and give you an accurate answer though.
did a fresh install of 7 home edition 32-bit onto the ssd
Had a look for Exception Code: c0000005, very few answers unfortunately. A lot of folks found it was due to bad ram but just as many tested the ram and it was ok, here's the only answer I found that was due to something other than ram:
http://www.sevenforums.com/cra ... tion-code-0xc0000005.html
Quote :Well, turns out it was an issue with Sonar sending too much MIDI infirmation to ShowXpress... It was sending MIDI Time Code at 30 frames per second plus whatever actual MIDI data that was programmed. I don't need the MTC to be transmitted, so turning it off fixed it. Thankfully it wasn't OS or driver related.

Not really related to your issue as its app specific but if you have anything like fraps (captures in game video), controller tweak utilities or anything else that might be trying to talk to LFS as its running it could be worth turning them off, doubt its the cause though :/

Game randomly crashes
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG