The online racing simulator
CTRA Race Servers Survey
(55 posts, started )

Poll : Do you like CTRA Race Servers?

Yes
Don't Know
No
CTRA Race Servers Survey
Hi, well I am taking a survey for CTRA Race Servers I would like to find out how many people like them and don't like them, also please do comment on why you voted for that answer.
Pretty irrelevant poll, since if you look in the year-end-awards, CTRA is winning the best external mod by quite a margin.
#3 - th84
I voted "I dont know", and I dont know the reason why.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Pretty irrelevant poll, since if you look in the year-end-awards, CTRA is winning the best external mod by quite a margin.

Um, what other racing server/app is it up against?

I don't think you can base an answer on that poll, because it's not up against anything challenging it in its own field.
Dunno. Fact no-one bothers to make another one because CTRA works so well kinda says it all.
Well i voted yes, but im not really seeing the point in the poll.

On a side note, how come your signature says "Banned From Live To Cruise"

Quote : (The Stig)
S2 licensed

Online at: [LTC] Live To Cruise

Just seems odd is all.
i voted yes obviously, but tbh this poll is a bit pointless, and why is it a multiple choice
The CTRA servers are liked so much that the Community Awards actually wouldn't let people vote for them in the 'Best public server (race)' category to avoid a complete landslide like last year.

This poll is irrelevant and the result is a forgone conclusion.
Quote :Dunno. Fact no-one bothers to make another one because CTRA works so well kinda says it all.

Not quite right The girl who wrote it's first 3 incarnations (bar the web stuff) is working on the 4th (including the web stuff)...

Only difference this time is it will be publicly accessible and usable for all server owners , even CTRA, with fully configurable host options and no need for LFS-host owners to host the software.

It's a way off yet because it's just a side project for me that I do when i'm in the mood, but X-System falls short in a number of areas that I want to address, it is now an aged system and has not had any major development for some time. It's very good, but Blue 2 will be leaps and bounds ahead of anything yet.
uh huh. I meant to do the neural network stuffsies over xmas but I didnt get around to it, i'll be happier the project is going to work when that's in. I'd also like to get the web framework a little more developed so you can get on board as we where talking about Jason. I've been distracted over xmas though, and will be I think through January as my day job has a product launch at the end of the month and i've got quite a lot of work to do for that. It's going to move slowly for a bit.
Sorry the last post by you completely confused me.
For me is the best especially Race 3
and just to make the poll results totally faulty, I voted all 3 options
Voted no. I hate them. :gnasher:
In Soviet Russia, CTRA hates you!
i like CTRA but the range of cars AND trakcs rotating through any given one is a bit odd, there is a lot to race on yet CTRA race 1 and 3 have a limited rotation and I suggest it do any and all tracks Live For Speed isn't just Live for Aston, or Live for South City.... and a reverse version of those most of the time.

The inclusion of Race 3 server is great though with the GTR classes cool.
Race 1 is limited to BL, FE and SO because they wanted to keep it as a S1 server and those are the S1 environments.

Not sure about Race 3 since I don't drive the GTRs.
I got Bob to open Race 2 to the XFG/XRG as a sub-class, so we get all the S2 tracks. Just waiting for him to actually do it.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I got Bob to open Race 2 to the XFG/XRG as a sub-class, so we get all the S2 tracks. Just waiting for him to actually do it.

who's Bob, and why does he have anything to do with CTRA?
CTRA Race 1 usually attracts a wrecking crew to start at the end of the grid which remembers it's purpose at T1... EVERY TIME... it's quite good otherwise though
Squid stats my main reason for not liking CTRA. The beginner servers are rather annoying when you know you could be second or third every race if someone didn't insist or trying to risk it all in turn 1. I was plenty pissed when today I started a race on SS1 only to be wrecked before making it down to the first oval bend (it was KY2r). You'd figure that with the reporting system and near constant watch over the servers there would be less crashes. I find it to be just as bad if not worse than a regular server when in Race 1 or SS1. I am sure that it is better in the upper servers, but when you can't get past turn 1 without having a wreck block the entire road how can you score points? This is m main reason for generally avoiding CTRA. However I must say that I have had some good racing there after t1.

BTW - I don't see how this could be, but some of the cleanest racing I've seen occus on demo servers. Besides the occasioal wrecker who is easily banned, turn 1 tends to be clean or the crashes very avoidable.

CTRA Race Servers Survey
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG