The online racing simulator
Problems with my fps/videocard
(12 posts, started )
Hi guys, i am since a month suffering with really bad fps on some moments, and because i am a computernoob i am not sure what the problem is.

This is my setup as i found it;

Manufacturer: Packard Bell NEC
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.50GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Hard Drive: 80 GB
Video Card: RADEON 9200 LE Family (Microsoft Corporation)
Monitor: Plug en Play-monitor
Sound Card: C-Media Wave Device
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard: USB-hoofdhub
Mouse: USB-hoofdhub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

Think that my videocard the biggest problem is, but what kind of card do you guys advice me to buy? Only thing i know is that i got a AGP slot, maximum budget is around the 100/150euro. Thanks in advance!
Someone suggested this card to me; Sapphire Radeon X1650 PRO, 512 MB, DDR2, AGP 8X

Can i put this card into my pc without any problems, and most important is it a good card for me?
X1950 Pro 512mb DDR3 is also a good card... And Radeon HD3850/70 also... But these are expensive..
Quote from AbsolutMartini :Hi guys, i am since a month suffering with really bad fps on some moments, and because i am a computernoob i am not sure what the problem is.

This is my setup as i found it;

Manufacturer: Packard Bell NEC
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.50GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Hard Drive: 80 GB
Video Card: RADEON 9200 LE Family (Microsoft Corporation)
Monitor: Plug en Play-monitor
Sound Card: C-Media Wave Device
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard: USB-hoofdhub
Mouse: USB-hoofdhub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

Think that my videocard the biggest problem is, but what kind of card do you guys advice me to buy? Only thing i know is that i got a AGP slot, maximum budget is around the 100/150euro. Thanks in advance!

Video card is the bigger problem in that system.A Nvidia 7600GT agp would do fine for you...
One little bump, i am on point buying the gfx card. Can anyone please suggest me the best card for my system?

Thanks in advance
Quote from AbsolutMartini :i am on point

I'd recommend a 7600GT too, it's a major improvement over what you have now, and it's a good card.
Few questions....
a) Do you have a PCI-E slot?
b) How much are you willing to spend?
c) Where do you live? Are you ok with shopping online?

I need these questions to be answered in order to help you...
I got a AGP slot , i think 120euro's is the max i would spend for a gfx card and yes i do shop online on a regular base
One more question

Power Supply wattage?
I've checked it and it seems that it is not powerfull enough, it says 240W, think that a 350W powersupply better is
That is going to be the stopping factor, Take a look at the X000 and X0000 Series, would be an improvemnt, I am currently running a X1650 Pro PCI-E, Maybe a X900? I'll loook some more.
Er.... Stopping factor..... Hit it
Maybe a ATi HIS 9550 iFan Vivo edition??

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG