The online racing simulator
dodgy graphics
(10 posts, started )
dodgy graphics
when i start up LFS most times my screen is a jumbled...............see foto..........

to correct this i select a new track in single player and after the screen refreshes all is fine, but doing this all the time is hacking me off.

advice please..........

a clean install of LFS?
new graphic drivers?

cheers for taking the time to read this.
Attached images
weird LFS.jpg
Looks like the memory on your GFX card is borked. Make sure your card isnt overheating and you have decent airflow in your case. If you aint updated your GFX drivers do that, and maybe try updating your DirectX drivers.

If not, i hope the card is still under warranty and it will need replacing.
thanks for the advice..........

as regarding my card overheating, how can i tell?

nothing like this happens in any other games.

i will try updating whatever i can.

cheers for helping
try the latest drivers.
Quote from R3DMAN :try the latest drivers.

NOT the latest in case mr grady has ATI Radeon card. 5.12 and 5.13 versions do not work well with LFS. Instead 5.11 should be used.
im using a Nvidia GeForce FX 5700LE
touch your heatsink and memory. thats one cheap way to tell if its too hot. your videocard shouldnt be running hot enough to burn you...
If you wanna test temp of your GPU, try RivaTuner (http://www.guru3d.com/rivatuner I hope). In section HARDWARE MONITORING you can find temp of graphic card - I hope that 5xxx series has temp sensor. Also try to "downclock" your GFX(RivaTuner also can do it) - if it is overheating, "downclock" will cut it.
Try to check settings of your AGP slot in BIOS, maybe it is silly idea, but try to play with AGP speed and Driving Value.....
updated graphics drivers.

sweet as a nut now.................thankyou for all your time and advice, it is appreciated.
Huh, this is the first case I know where graphic drivers caused LFS incorrect behaviour....

dodgy graphics
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG