The online racing simulator
wet weather
(32 posts, started )
Quote from ajp71 :Of course, only in America do they stop racing because it's wet. Some meetings are very rarely abandoned because of the amount of spray and I've also been at a meeting that was abandoned due to the wind.

Huh, The only racing that isn't run in the rain here is Nascar, obviously because they are running on pavement ovals and ive never seen a oval race run in the rain. f3000s do run in the rain also.

And rain racing is awesome it adds a whole new element to racing were you have to drive a completely different line since the rubber on the track feels like ice and figuring out the limits without going off the track can get you a good finish. Ok I want rain now.
Dynamic weather could be implemented to go on the host's clock. Since that would make ALOT more sense. I.E. if you are racing in a server in holland then it should be the same time as if you were racing in real life in holland.
Quote from mark skafe :why do's live for speed s2 do not have wet weather it would be fun tell me what you think

have you not noticed when driving most RWD cars in LFS its basically the same as driving in wet weather?
Quote from tristancliffe :Suddenly, out of the spray looms another FO8, this one with major left-rear suspension damage.

That would be me then

But I really long for well done weather. I remember he weather from GP3 to be outsdanding (never played part 4, as I am more into "cars", allthough the FOX changed that recently). It was tough but enjoyable to chose the right tires (the only thing in the setup I would change back then), and try to stay at the slowly drying lane, making every overtaking maneuver quite adventerous.

On the other hand, I rather have no Wet weather than such a bad one like in GTR. Bad graphics, and the track does not dry up at all (or at least, never did for me).
Quote from steve :have you not noticed when driving most RWD cars in LFS its basically the same as driving in wet weather?

Nope, can't say I'd noticed that. Sure it spins if you put to much throttle down in the high powered stuff, but feels dry to me.
Quote from tristancliffe :Nope, can't say I'd noticed that. Sure it spins if you put to much throttle down in the high powered stuff, but feels dry to me.

Well the RA seems to be prone to aquaplaning in high speeds
Quote from tristancliffe :I can't wait to drive in the rain!!! I know noobs won't be able to do it (although they will try). But that doesn't mean private servers or adminned servers can't kick those unworthy of racing in those conditions.

Imagine, the FO8, round South City (but hopefully a mich narrow track, more like Monaco), spray everywhere, from your wheels, on your visor, hanging between the buildings. You can see the road markings a few feet ahead, but that's about it. You're driving via the noise of engines around you.
Suddenly, out of the spray looms another FO8, this one with major left-rear suspension damage. In the split second you've got before you hit him, you realise that his damage will proabably cause him to swerve left, and that you've probably just run over some debris.
You chuck the car right, but it momentarily aquaplanes on a puddle, before catching and slinging you round the obsticle. Only the slightly raised kerb and offline marbles stop you hitting the wall.
Remembering about debris you take it easier for a couple of laps, just in case you get a puncture.

Sounds like a recreation of the 1991 Australian Grand Prix. If the weather conditions in S3 reach that level of insane conditions for open wheelers (and all the other classes), that'd be just awesome Keep at it Scawen!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken

wet weather
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG