The online racing simulator
please [about hotlaps]
put new combos for main hotlap rank how many years has it been Smile

how hard can it be maybe would rejuvenate some interest or make a point for hotlapping idk
Attached images
e55aab501cc7e2118633520502ab06ad.png
How many hotlaps of the 18 ranked combos did you upload? Tilt

I think it is interesting to have a ranking that has been going for so long. Like an eternal highscore table. If it gets changed then old entries get dropped because they are now missing some combos. I do not even hotlap but it would be sad to lose such a long standing history.

Interesstingly, the log shows that each month 100 to 300 hotlaps get uploaded. Several WR and Top 10 times, too.
However, in the HL Ranks only 14 people have uploaded 18/18 of the ranked combos.
Some racers are missing only a few ranked combos but instead they rather upload dozen of other combos.
So the hotlap system gets actively used but people are maybe more interested in the Hotlap Charts, getting a WR or getting into Top 10 on certain tracks etc.

I wonder how many people even know about the Hotlap Rank?
In my opinion it is a bit hidden. Even if you find the tab, to learn what it is about you have to click another "Rank Info" text that does not even look like it is clickable.
It could be shown a bit more prominent.

If new combos get added, I suggest:
1) Rockingham with FBM (There are only two combos with formular cars and none at RO)
2) Blackwood Rallye with XFG (There is no rallye combo. Also it is usable in demo)
Hotlaps should be an in-game thing. I mean its okay to have a page of course, because all the info in lfsw is helpful, but I'd say that uploading laps should be automatic, you go into hotlap mode, do a lap and thats it, it should automatically submit itself to the page (ofc if valid)and it should display your top position in-game so players know there is an official leaderboard.

Would help to better achieve a realistic benchmark of active players and its top laps and it will increase interest in hotlapping overall, cause at the moment not many players know about lfsworld hotlap charts and its competitive possibilities.

On another topic, speaking of losing hotlaps, I post this pic as an archive if in the future if all hotlaps get wiped out lol.
Attached images
archive.PNG
Quote from manolixsvouros :Hotlaps should be an in-game thing.

That is actually a good suggestion and quite obvious one in hindsight.

As minimum there could be a button: "Open online hotlap charts" to open the website in browser. Currently it is not obvious at all that an online leaderboard for hotlaps even exists.

I am not sure if makes sense to re-create all the functions and details of LFSworld ingame.

( In the same fashion: On the setup screen there could be a button to go to https://www.lfs.net/files/setups )
Quote from Gutholz :That is actually a good suggestion and quite obvious one in hindsight...

Yes, usually people that do hotlap have been told to or got taught, really no obvious way to know a leaderboard exists by independent assumption or knowledge.

btw, I really wish MHR had their 2 missing cars; BF1 and FBM. Kinda sad the 2nd most played car doesnt have MHR rank time.
Quote from manolixsvouros :Hotlaps should be an in-game thing. I mean its okay to have a page of course, because all the info in lfsw is helpful, but I'd say that uploading laps should be automatic, you go into hotlap mode, do a lap and thats it, it should automatically submit itself to the page (ofc if valid)and it should display your top position in-game so players know there is an official leaderboard.

Would help to better achieve a realistic benchmark of active players and its top laps and it will increase interest in hotlapping overall, cause at the moment not many players know about lfsworld hotlap charts and its competitive possibilities.

On another topic, speaking of losing hotlaps, I post this pic as an archive if in the future if all hotlaps get wiped out lol.

to be honest, i don't want to automatically upload any hotlap that i do, presumably it'd need to autosave all laps as well, which doesn't sound great either (i'm sure this could be addresed somehow),

it's not a bad idea, but if anything i'd like to have an option of choice between current system and automating things.

one thing that would be a nice addition would be the game showing you the WR holder and their time when you load into the hotlap mode, ideally with your PB time if you have a hotlap uploaded.

Quote from manolixsvouros :On another topic, speaking of losing hotlaps, I post this pic as an archive if in the future if all hotlaps get wiped out lol.

hm, need to upload 50 more now i guess...
Quote from johneysvk :to be honest, i don't want to automatically upload any hotlap that i do...

ok, maybe not automatic since every attempt might be uploaded and clutter the system, but it should definetly be an in game thing where you do a lap and be able to submit it within lfs, like ending a lap and be able to click somewhere to submit.

please [about hotlaps]
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG