The online racing simulator
once again [the LFS blues]
once again, I find my self struggling to have reasons to play liveforspeed.
woe, is me forever waiting for a update that seems to be sailing faster further away than I can swim to it.

What do you guys do when these times hit?
Do something else
Wander away...
#4 - Pukyy
Quote from JayDeM :once again, I find my self struggling to have reasons to play liveforspeed...

Play more Live for Speed, buy a new Live for Speed Blanket, lie in bed covering myself with said blanket. Take a Live For Speed pencil, and sketch stuff on my Live for Speed notebook. Then, I get up, drink a liter of coffee, and hotlap BL2 FBM until I fall asleep
#5 - VladM
Quote from JayDeM :What do you guys do when these times hit?

go outside or something i dunno lol its just a game
Quote from VladM :go outside or something i dunno lol its just a game

We'll I've restored 3 1970's muscle bicycles so far this week, i've rebuilt a 1997 cbr 600 the last few months, I play other games, but I want to play lfs just tired of the same old same old. :/
do Blackwood (XFG and XRG)
That doesnt help, but somehow - peace and meditationBig grin
#8 - VladM
Quote from JayDeM :We'll I've restored 3 1970's muscle bicycles so far this week, i've rebuilt a...

its a racing game, i dont see what else you want more. you got cars, you got tracks, you drive on them, you get bored. youre not gonna play any racing game forever. be thankful youre still here.
Quote from VladM :its a racing game, i dont see what else you want more. you got cars, you got...

yes driving the same tracks for 10+ years is acceptable.
Yes.
Hello. I started LFS 10 months ago. I played the demo for a few months and decided to get the license. Because I have seen several projects of developers. It is necessary to do our best to support developers and keep the gaming environment friendly. As friends said, it's just a game. I usually play different games when I get bored of LFS. Playing the same game all the time gets really boring after a while. It's not hard to find different things to do. The worst book you can read. (I don't like reading books at all hahahah)
Quote from JayDeM :yes driving the same tracks for 10+ years is acceptable.

F1 drivers drive the same/similar tracks for upwards of 30 years, I don't see the problem. I see people with 500,000+ kilometers driven on blackwood alone. But you're looking at it very narrow-mindedly. For me personally LFS was never really about racing/cruising etc. I found the participation in this small, but very dedicated community be quite lots of fun. Before LFS I hadn't ever met so many interesting and different people confined to the same place online.

LFS opened my perspective about the internet, the forum-times, which as a 2007 child I very much missed, LFS is one of the best places where people of any age can relate and interact with each other, which I think is very beautiful. I see 30-40 year olds driving on the same server as 10-15 year old kids and all are having fun in a positive and non-predatory manner, which is not the case for the majority of other communites.

LFS bonds people, LFS is not just about racing, it's about bettering yourself, meeting other people, pushing each other to be the best version of themselves.
Layouts?
Don't play it, just keep making mods (like I do in the recent years). Big grin
I suggest you play only with an Xbox360 controller, GP50, GP125, GP250... You will discover the game again Wink new path for the track etc
Have you thought about learning WebAssembly? Especially the Component Model proposal. It will eventually make you able to do powerfull stuff in Live for Speed, as the tools are being developed to make that happen.
Quote from NENE87 :I suggest you play only with an Xbox360 controller, GP50, GP125, GP250... You...

I'm the guy who figured out all the tricks and tips for bike riding lol. Trust me i've done plenty of time on all the bikes
That's the #1 problem here, y'all rely too much on waiting for updates, and instead you're forgetting to enjoy the game as it is. I'm playing LFS non stop since 2007 and i've never been bored of the game itself.
Quote from JayDeM :I'm the guy who figured out all the tricks and tips for bike riding lol. Trust...

Create more content, have you already tried dirt track on yamaha ^^? Maybe could you create your own racetrack with blender like Gabor?
-
(Joe mama1256) DELETED by dekojester : Unproductive comments
-
(paket42x) DELETED by dekojester : Unproductive comments
Quote from Kova. :That's the #1 problem here, y'all rely too much on waiting for updates, and...

my account says 2013 but i'm infact a early s1-s2 user myself. sgt.gunlee is the og acc
I'm currently playing Automobilista 2, but always keep an eye on Live for Speed, and test-drive the latest mod cars occasionally.

Automobilista 2 is better than Live For Speed in many ways (which is to be expected being 20 years newer), however Live For Speed still has many important advantages and freedoms that no other sims offer in total.

For example:
- The freedom of CTRL+U
- Physics isn't canned for AI
- Open world levels
- Ability to create courses
i can understand the LFS blues you talk about, i feel same in waiting night&day i saw 5 years ago in LFS video teaser and also new open South City
i dream about all events like enduro or Cups i can organize and sure .. the years beetween these videos and the non-scheduled update is a little disturbing.
it is also misterious why the objects for layouts (shown 1 or 2 years ago) was not released too. it seems doesnt need new physics or anything like that

But i drive & race & organise Races on LFS and hope something new tommorrow to offer new experience and sensations with this amazing Racing Simulation (since 2005)

once again [the LFS blues]
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG